As of November 2, 2020, the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region moved to the “code red” or critical level of Manitoba's pandemic response due to an uptick in COVID-19 positive cases. Although this has affected many community-based services and businesses, it has not affected the services available at Active Chiropractic & Wellness (ACW). Our staff continue to wear masks and practice diligent hygiene in between our patient encounters.
Reminders to patients of ACW during the COVID-19 pandemic:
• Please review the “COVID-19 Screening Tool” questions the day of your appointment, before coming to the clinic: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/
• If anyone in your household is sick, please stay home instead of coming into the clinic.
• If you need to move your appointment due to illness, please contact the clinic (204-256-2273) or email Dr. Deirdre Jasper ND (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. If you cannot come to the clinic, you may have the option of moving the appointment to a phone consult or video consult.
• For phone consults, Dr. Deirdre Jasper ND will call you at the number you provide. For video consults, Dr. Deirdre Jasper ND will email you an invite for the telemedicine platform, https://doxy.me.
• Arrive on time to your appointment, that is, arrive only a few minutes before your scheduled time. If you are early you may be asked to wait in your vehicle. Due to physical distancing measures, we have minimal seating and standing room in the waiting room.
• Face-coverings/ masks are mandatory while you are in the clinic. If you do not have a mask, a disposable mask will be provided. If you refuse to wear a mask you may be asked to leave the clinic or move your appointment to a phone or video consult. Please understand that we are only trying our best to keep our patients and staff safe!
• For patients receiving acupuncture or Bowen, you may lower your mask when you are face-down on the treatment table.
• When it is nearly time for your appointment please knock on the window below the “open” sign to let us know you are here. Someone will wave you in or notify you when it is safe to enter the building.
• Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building—you will see a sanitizing station by the entrance.
• Please come to your appointment alone, if possible. For children, 1 guardian may accompany the child to the appointment. It is preferred other family members wait in the car until the appointment is finished.
• Please continue to email or phone in your supplement orders ahead of time whenever possible. This ensures that orders are ready upon your arrival.
• Payment methods preferred: Debit, Visa, Mastercard or E-transfer to email@example.com.
• Please be kind and courteous to the clinic staff and other patrons while you are in the clinic.
• Please remove your wet and dirty footwear in the foyer. Take your coat and personal items with you into the treatment room.
• Ask Dr. Deirdre Jasper ND about supplement deliveries, contactless pick-ups, and whether you are eligible for this service.
• Consider booking your appointment as a phone or video consult, even if you are well, as an effort to reduce traffic through the clinic.
In the event of a clinic closure, Dr. Deirdre Jasper ND will continue to work virtually (phone and video consultations) and offer supplement deliveries to much of her Winnipeg patients. For those that live outside of Winnipeg, orders can also be shipped using Canada Post. Some supplements can be drop-shipped directly to the patient's residence using an online dispensary called Fullscript—let us know if this is something you would like to take advantage of and Dr. Deirdre Jasper ND will get you set up!
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We are here to help in these unprecedented times!
Stay safe & healthy everyone!